I asked two Sport Enthusiasts (another word for Sports Nuts), if they were home-bound or in the hospital, what would they like to see in a Sports Basket? Here are 12 ideas for what to put into a Sports Basket for your favorite Sports Enthusiasts:
- A coupon for delivered pizza
- Gift card for Buffalo Wings
- Favorite team t-shirt
- Good sports movies
- Sunflower seeds
- Trail mix
- “Sports Illustrated” or a magazine which focuses on person’s favorite sport
- Energy bars (here’s a healthy no-bake version from Take Them a Meal)
- Make sure they have Internet access and the ESPN Watch app
- Send them some YouTube clips of the greatest sports plays of the year. . .and bloopers too.
- One could also do some research on the patient’s favorite team(s) and be ready to talk about how they did, or are doing.
Thanks Nick and Rodger for these great ideas which would brighten a Sports Enthusiasts Day. So consider brightening someone’s day with a basket of sports treats.
(Also the above list gives some great ideas for Christmas, birthdays and Father’s Day for the men in your life.)
To download a free e-book on simple ways to care for the people in your life go to our post titled 122+ Ways to Care Well.