Karen gave me this plate as a Christmas gift. Working with Karen this year has been such a blessing! She has such a huge heart and compassion for people! I have been inspired to be more purposeful in reaching out to people who are hurting, struggling or just need a reminder of God's love and provisions. I will be filling my plate with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and giving it to a dear friend who is constantly giving to others. Here is my recipe:
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Yield: 3 dozen
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 12min
Total Time: 55min
• ½ cup butter, softened
• ½ cup shortening
• 1 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 cups old fashion oats
• 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This plate was given to Donna. Actually the idea for how to use this "Giving Plate" to promote my website: Wisdom of the Wounded, originated with Donna,
Hopefully the gift of this plate said "thank you," to her and her amazing creative talents..
To encourage individuals to Care Well for others, Karen Mulder created and distributed approximately 150 Giving Plates at an event in Holland, Michigan.
The concept of the Giving Plate is that it is on a journey that has no end. The receiver of the plate enjoys the treats given them on the plate, and then passes the plate with fresh goodies on to someone else.
These Giving Plates were created with a unique tracking feature so anyone can visit this page to learn where each plate has traveled and read about its unique experiences along the way.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Giving Plate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WOTW believes that the best caregiving wisdom comes through the sharing of stories. We invite you to share the story of your Giving Plate so that others may see and learn from its journey and those that have been blessed by receiving and giving it.
To share your story and be a blessing to others, simply complete the form below and hit submit when complete.